As a parent we all want for our child to feel confident enough to take a big bite out of life. To share themselves and their talents with the world and grow up knowing that they are more than the grades on their report card. But how exactly do we foster these qualities in our children? And what might you be doing right now that hinder this?
In this four week parenting course I am going to guide you through everything you need to know where self-esteem building and resilience is concerned.
The course is for you if:
- Your child is often apprehensive about new situations or refuses to try their best on tasks that you know they enjoy.
- Your child finds loosing very difficult and perhaps also boasts about own achievements.
- You wonder why your child seeks constant reasurrance even though you generously praise and reward good behaviour and achievements.
- Your child seems angry or sad a lot of the time and is quick to lash out verbally or physically.
- You know that the shouting, consequences and ultimatums you give your child are weakening your relationship – but yearn to learn what to do instead.
- Whether your child is 2 or 16 – and you wish to deepen your connection to yourself and your child.
Self-esteem is at the foundation of everything we do in life. Because how we think of ourselves determines the quality of our relationships and the choices we make.
As a parent we help build this inner navigation system, which is why it is crucial we understand how we best support our child to develop a strong sense of self and good self esteem.
After this 4 week course you will:
- Understand the difference between confidence and self-esteem and what you can do to boost both.
- Confidently respond to your child’s difficult emotions in ways that increases your connection and boosts self-esteem.
- Know exactly what you can do to reverse your child’s perfectionist tendencies and harsh inner critic.
- Be clear on how to do discipline and respond to unwanted behaviours in ways that support your child’s self-esteem.
Here’s what we are going to cover
The course comprises 4 modules – each dedicated to a different aspect of self-esteem and parenting strategies to match.
Monday 10th of March 8-9.30pm
- What is self-esteem. Why is it important?
- How does self-esteem differ from confidence?
- In this session we will explore your child’s self-esteem and get clear on the behaviours and thoughts that you notice your child is wrestling with and that you often find difficult to respond to.
Monday 17th of May 8-9.30pm
- The role of praise
- What does it mean to acknowledge?
- How can you show your child that you really SEE them and boost their connection to both themselves and to you.
Monday 24th of May 8-9.30pm
- Cooperation and defiance
- Discipline styles that hinder self-esteem
- In this session you will get the invaluable tools to lead without the use of strategies that weaken your child’s self-esteem.
Monday 31st of May 8-9.30pm
- Cultivating the parenting super power of: LISTENING
- What does it mean to be empathic – and WHAT does empathy sound like when you speak to your child.
- How does a hectic family life impact self-esteem;
- Setting the scene: Considering the impact of a busy life style and children’s vital need for play, downtime and creativity.
The sessions are spaced out over the course of 4 weeks for good reason. While each session deals with a specific topic it is in the time in between each session that the meaningful and positive change is taking place and being intregrated into your life.
The course is limited to a maximum of 5 attendees (although you are free to join in with your partner). This is to allow sufficient time for you to engage with the exercises and share any thoughts and concerns that might have come up in between each session.
This course is your opportunity to come to understand your unique child even better – and become the parent that your child will thank you for being
Reserve your space today by clicking here
What have other parents said about the course?
“THANK YOU! We have both found the course amazing. It was a good balance of theory and solutions to scenarios. We greatly appreciate the tools you have given us”Kay and Dharmesh – mum and dad of 2
“Thank you, Louise! We have found this course very very informative, interesting and thought provoking. And we cannot recommend it enough to other parents”Mum and dad of 2
“I have not been able to attend the live sessions but have listened to the recordings and it absolutely exceeded my expectations. I have three children (12,9, and 7 yrs) and so everything you talk about is absolutely relevant.Marina, mum of 3
The whole “captain of the ship” concept sounds so much better than just being the boss of the family who uses threats and timeouts all the time. It gives a completely different, more calm and more confidence driven approach to parenting. I always felt, when we demand something from our children by threatening to take away things, it’s just a power struggle that we only win temporarily – while they are young.
Thank you again!”